What I wish 2023 will bring for me
I'm thinking about a whole small-net sauce and my text-mode hobby environment which I'm using for all interactions with it.
- I'd like to write more text e-mails (Usenet articles included) and communicate more this way. This is sick that we stop sending e-mails!
- I had been a big XMPP/Jabber enthusiast in the Jabber era, and I still almost don't use it. I'd like to improve that area and sometimes understand it more. I have a problem with unwanted OMEMO conversations during my 'mcabber' doesn't support it, and so on.
- I've been thinking about moving my Polish blog from Wordpress to Gemini. I've done a successful test. I didn't go with it to the public, so maybe it will happen this year. I'm not sure about this yet. Despite this, on this capsule and my gopher hole I will try to write more in English.
- I'm proud of my `tmux` text-window manager configuration, but I wish to learn to use `emacs` more, and set up a more complete working environment there. I see that it could be easier to share that setup through different machines because `emacs` config files are more transferable. So maybe I will finally implement: `gnus`, `org-mode` or `org-roam mode`, more `tramp mode`, and I will get more synergy from the tools shared in my one workspace.
- I was scripting here in Bash through last year, so maybe I will go back to hobby programming in a new programming language. There are so many inspiring small-net tools here.
szczezuja.space CC BY-SA
@ Sat 07 Jan 2023 03:32:05 PM CET
tags: #xmpp, #emacs, #gemini, #usenet, #email, #gopher